Friday, May 8, 2009

New Aero Bars | Flat Tire | Swim Class

Got my new aero bars installed during lunch yesterday, so I took it for a spin after work. Love the way the bars make my body feel in the wind. Also feel that I can put more force down and back in the spin.

Went for a beach cruise at 6pm and almost made it to 4miles Beach when I got a flat in the rear tube. First tire change! Argh! Was a pain figuring out how to remove the tire. Took a good 20-30 mins. Stopped keeping track around 15 mins. Tried patching the tube. I don't know if this is even possible. Inflated and still heard a leak, so swapped with the spare tube. Was fun getting the tire back on. Began pumping away when the valve stem snapped in my pump. FML. Luckily I had my phone. Right after calling Mai, Sharon stopped by and offered help. I thanked her and began walking back until Mai stopped. Haven't really talked to her in a while so we had dinner at Miyo's.

This morning:
Swam 1300 of the instructed 1500m in about 27mins, while everyone else waited. 2 of the kids did it in 20mins. Unreal. 4x50m kicking with flat kickboard, then 2x50m with some kind of triangle device. 6x50m every minute. Sadly, my rest got shorter and short each lap.

I remembered to keep my hands shoulder width apart, stroke down the center, rotate hips, elbows high and above my hands, keep my fingers close to the top of the water, and keep a steady flutter kick.

800m in, Jon advised me to stretch out more with my hands, front and back. This kinda wore me out though.

1100m in, Jon stopped me and said I was dragging my legs. It didn't feel like it. He also said to keep my fingers close together. He said I was putting my hands flat onto the water and pushing down just to keep my upper body afloat.

Keeping momentum on the kick was tough. I'm getting stronger and more economical at it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment