Saturday, June 18, 2011

Back On Track

My buddy Winona, has convinced me to take it easy on the drinking. This past weekend was my birthday, and I pretty much drank for 5 days straight, took a break and had another day. Had a lot of fun, but now it's time to get back on track nutritionally.

  • No processed foods
  • No canned foods
  • No empty calories
    • Added sugars
    • Solid fats
  • No HI-GI carbs for dinner
  • No binge drinking!!!
Never had a problem with soda, rice, or potatoes. I pretty much only have starches for breakfast and lunch. Need to ween off energy drinks and get back to black coffee. 5-6 balanced meals. H2O + banana as soon as I awake. Protein shake for desert. I know what to do, just needed to put it in effect. Started this morning :)


Although I haven't posted much about it, I've been steadily working out everyday for at least a couple hours. Mostly high-intensity (circuit, plyo, spin, run), with some long distance swims.

I'm reposting my long-term dream goals that I have yet to achieve, with renewed focus:

  • lean 185 lbs, <10% body-fat
    • Currently 175 lbs, 12-13%
  • sub-10 hour Ironman
    • Currently 6.5 hours 70.3 IM
    • First full IM scheduled for 2013, sub-12
  • 18 minute 300 workout
    • Currently untested
Can a sub-10 hour IM do a 300 workout? Can I do a sub-10? Can I do an 18 min 300? How will my run/swim change with the added 10lbs of bodyweight?

These are my dream goals. I may not achieve them. If I get anywhere close I'll be happy. I set them so I can be all-around fit and have something high to shoot for. As far as my career, medic is still lingering in my future. I've also put thought into purchasing a house on my own. Always thought it'd be something I'd decide on with my future wifey, but I may as well start working on it. I'll think about location more when I get my permanent station. Plan on having the downpayment by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment