Wednesday, June 1, 2011

HFD 14B's WOTD

Yesterday was Back, with a light 2 mile jog.

Got our Aquatics Competency Certification today, allowing us to take a dip in the beautiful Pacific. Swimming with bunker gear is surprisingly buoyant, especially if you manage to capture a pocket of air in your jacket. Got more of a tan than a workout there.

Today's Circuit was 3 rounds of:
10 Ring Dips
10 Inverted/Reverse Push-Ups on the Rings
10 Push-Press 115lb
25 Pyramid Push-Ups (1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1 with 2 sec rest)
20 Toes/Knees to Bar

First time doing ring dips. Those were sick. Got better on the 3rd round, probably cause I just wanted it over with.

The 115# is a lot for me to press, so I needed the help from the hips.

Toes to bar were pretty killer if I canceled the swing action. Amp it up a little by doing straight-leg toes to bar, then raise up to your knees then pause.

Today was National Running Day. I have to take a raincheck on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment