Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bare Naked... Feet, Yoga Class, NO-X Schedule, Carbless

Yesterday's mid-day run was... yes, planned. You may have guessed that I purposely "forgot" my running shoes. I've been wanting to run shoeless for a while now (probably since Waimanu). The only thing I really worry about is glass on the road/sidewalk. So I used the Teva Proton 3 water shoes I bought for the Waimanu hike.



As you can see, they're barely even shoes. Neoprene (wetsuit material) inner, with a thin rubber sole. It still gave me a ton of "feel" for the hot pavement/cement. Nice 30 minute run from the Kawamoto pool along the bay and back. My calves and hamstrings felt fairly tight last night and this morning. P90x X-Stretch this morning felt really good. I put emphasis on the downward dog and single-leg hamstring stretches. The low-squat was a meanie.




I highly recommend doing this at least once. Even if it's a quick run around the ballpark or playground on the grass. You get a better feel of your body. Give your heels a rest. Even though mine barely touch the ground anway, it forces me to stay off them for start to the very end. Just be prepared to patch up your feet a bit afterwards... haha mines were hash anyway, so wtf!

Monday was my first Yoga class. Held by Yogi, Rachelle of the http://www.balancingmonkey.com/ in Hilo. It's a beginner class. Some of the P90x YogaX moves are advanced, so I had little trouble following along. She helped me with my form though. I had trouble with fold and flat back. I wasn't aware that my back had something against being flat. I think I've got the hang of it now... err... straight of it.




So, NO-Xplode has a 6-12 week cycle, and 4 week minimum off-cycle. Going with the max 12 week cycle, I'll have until the beginning of October to decide which other pre-training chemical formula to subject myself to while off of the nitric oxide supplement.




Been doing fairly well this first of 4 weeks of my Carbless diet. I flopped a little today, on accident of course! That chicken long-rice was worth it. I took my NO-X right after to help flush the carbs. Oh yeah the rest was good too (lau lau, poi, lomi salmon, chicken long rice, small poke, haupia for $10 from Wiki-Wiki kitchen next to Ken's House of Pancakes in Hilo. Big tubs of poke from Suisan)

No comments:

Post a Comment