Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pain, Delivered | Insanity 1.2

Pain, Delivered - After Insanity 1.1 Fitness Test, I felt empty. I missed the aftermath in pain from P90x's strength workout. I do believe emphasis was specifically placed on muscular pain. Oh snap, that's what I got. Yesterday's yoga class was focused on neck and back. We did some moves on the ground; pulling the neck using our palms, neck/shoulder stand, neck bridge, etc. Rachelle had us hold bridge until my ass, lower back and quadriceps were on fire. Then we lay on our backs for a minute to rest.

Next move was downward dog. I thought that was in awkward transition. I couldn't picture how to fluidly move into it, so I did a "B-boy Flare" into plank. Rachelle giggled cause nobody knew how to do a reverse tuck-roll into downward dog. Her demo wasn't the most graceful move, but I wanted to try it. First attempt was horrible. My mind was on mastering the transition instead of the downward dog stretch. On the 3rd or 4th attempt, my toes almost touching the ground, a sharp pain comes from the left shoulder blade. I have to push hard to continue rolling backwards, then drop to my knees. Downward dog is gonna be a little tough now. But I suck it up and push through the next 30 minutes.

Rachelle had one of the more flexible girls demonstrate child's pose to downward dog, while keeping the head on the mat. Ow? My head is nowhere near the mat in downward dog. I get elevation sickness, it's soo high.

Sleep was tough. Got about 5 hours max. There was no comfortable position to ease the back pain. At the second snooze... rarely gets to that point... I was about to call Eric to cancel, and rest for another hour. Then I thought about how I'd hear it from everyone about dropping out after the 1st day of Insanity. I hopped out of bed... okay, I crawled out... but my mind was thinking hop. Got my shot of NO-X and slowly but eagerly got to Pono's 15 minutes late.

Insanity 1.2 Cardio Plyo Circuit was INSANE! Then we got to the stretches and I smirked at Eric... "Yeah, that WAS the warmup" From then on, all you would hear out of me was deep breathing, an occasional hysterical laugh, and some bitching through my teeth.

When Shaun-T tells you to remember to breath during those double-tap Heisman's at 3x speed, I laughed and exlaimed "I don't have time to breath, asshole!"

Exercises that truly kicked my ass: Power Squats (1-3rd revolutions), the plank ski kicks (kick legs left-in-right-in, etc) (1-3rd revs), Plank In-Out Kicks (1-3rd revs), Suicides (3rd rev, 3rd rep). The other moves kicked my ass normally.

Water breaks are the shit. Post-workout, I downed the recovery drink and we agreed that was most our bodies have ever craved the fuel. And that was after drinking a full pint of water during the workout and 12 oz prior.

Today changed my doubts about Shaun-T's motivational abilities. He really pushes you, maximizing your potential.

Eye-Candy. These are the hottest workout women I've ever seen on a video. And they fuckin push it hard! If the eye-candy ain't motivation enough, somebody better check your pulse.

We're sticking to our plan for of going through the series once, then Insanity: TTh; P90x MWF. I'll do the Insanity alone at home after work... but that's our dirty little secret.

1 comment:

  1. I've just started the same "program" of combining P90X on MWF with INSANITY on TTH....it's gonna be BANANAS! Dig Deeper and Forget the Rest. Best of luck

    ReplyDelete