Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bree and Me at Orange Tree!

Monday was all rest. Besides work. I tried to stay off my feet though. Bill took me out for a victory 2 Kona Brew Longboarders and an Aloha Burger with Onion Rings while watching Raiders vs Chargers.

Up and at em for a beach run! 5.8 miles downhill in 45. 10 minute break before 2 laps through breathtaking Kahalu'u Beach Park (my favorite beach, bar-none). 10 minute break before taking on Kam3 in an easy 22 minutes. Legs felt great. Total run back up to the house was 2.5 miles in 33 mins.

Cruised the day with my compression tights under my khakis :) A good portion of this work day was on my feet, but I felt good.

On the way back to www.KonaAutoCenter.com from our lunch meeting at Big Island Grill, I spotted a runner coming down Kuakini. Nice pace. Cute. Hey that's Bree! Honk Honk! Whoah, I almost swerved into her. Still waving and smiling back at me. She calls and I meetup with her and lil Kainoa at Orange Tree. We need this in Hilo! Bree's got a huge heart, is soo down-to-earth and I'm a nervous wreck. She's got me motivated to qualify at Honu. I'm gonna do it.

Check her out and support her at www.hibreewee.com. IM2009Kona: Bring it, Bree!

No comments:

Post a Comment