Monday, October 20, 2008

Night Run

Night Run (20-30mins)
Ran at the Hilo High Track.

Warmup - 1 lap walk/slow jog in ~4 mins.
15 laps (3.75 miles) in 0:29:03 which is about 7:45 pace.

When I land on mid-foot during the first half of the run, I have a ton of energy remaining during the second half of the run to push off with my toes. I felt much lighter and quicker.

I ran a steady 8 minute pace for the first half. I was amazed at how steady I was running. I was off on each lap by at most 2 seconds.

Then I picked it up just a little bit, maybe about 1:55 per 1/4, then 1:30 on the last lap... then cooldown of course. Felt really great, light. When I lengthened my stride a bit, it made me a few seconds slower, but I used less energy. When I picked up the pace and lengthened my stride, I used a little more energy but my breathing was still nice and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment