Wednesday, October 29, 2008

No Lanes

Morning Surf
First day out was at Richardson's. Water was kinda choppy but there were sets (2-3). I caught a few good ones. The fuckin spinner on my leash snapped off. I gotta tighten that up a bit. Now I know why I was staring at the yellow board for a while... can't see the white one in the wash. My last ride was fuckin sweet though. My ribs sore LOL

Lunch Swim
200m easy, 200m kick, 200m swim, 200m switch
Then it switched to long course in the middle of my switches, I didn't get a lane, got frustrated and left.

Night Swim
Tried to finish up at Yacht Club but there was a fuckin Halloween party for little kids. 2 days without a decent workout... shitty.

First Day Volunteering
Was a bit nervous. I came in at a change in shift and the lead RNs were busy doing triage. The 25 rooms were pretty much at capacity. There was no real supervisor to guide me though as a volunteer so I figured I'd follow the path of a patient. RN Maureen seems like the person to observe and learn from. Really warm and helpful. I stayed half an hour longer to watch the placement of a piss-bag. I also saw IV and EKG procedures. I want to come in early one day (4-7pm) to see it busy.

Sitting here... I'm wondering how many of these other posts I will have... should I create another blog for surf, and another for my firefighter journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment