Friday, December 19, 2008

Back on Track

Thursday 1845 - Track Run
Was planning on resting my upper back and my foot by just laying down at home but I saw Ron suited up for his evening walk and it got me motivated. So I went to the HHS track for a short run. It was cool and dry out. I think the news said it was low 70s.

Had a bit of side-pain between miles 1 and 2 but felt warmed up after mile 3. Didn't really pay attention to pace or HR. Just wanted to concentrate on form and balance. Ate a peanut butter & jelly sammich about an hour beforehand.

~5.5-6miles
50 minutes
HRM 196
HRA 179
1000 calories 20% fat

Drank a chocolate milk right after, then grilled a steak with onions, mushrooms, zucchini and garlic. I kept my portion at about 4oz beef and 3-4oz veggies.

Friday 1330 - Bike, Ocean Swim, Bike
Rode from Kamaaina Nissan to Richardson's at a moderate pace, then immediately jumped in. Swam to the rock and back twice with several breaks. My freshly shaven head had less resistance in the water. The sky was clear all day and it was fairly warm. There was a friendly breeze to keep my cool on the way back. My cardio/breathing is horrible in the water. I don't feel the drive anymore. Something's missing.

Ate leftovers from last night.

Contemplating another bike/swim before going to a bbq. I wonder if I can actually contain myself to 'just a couple'.

No comments:

Post a Comment