Friday, December 5, 2008

Oahu - Day 1, Treadmill Hill Run

Did the usual morning circuit, which I forgot to mention yesterday.

1730 Treadmill Hill Run
Landed in Oahu at 1100 and hung out with Charles until he got off work. Did a 3.5 mile hill run on the treadmill at the Natl Guard Armory where he coaches the Kalani JV Basketball team. Set it on Speed 7 (8.5min/mile), Level 10 (1-6.5 degree incline). I am not ready for Sunday. I will most likely be walking through a nice portion of the trail. I should bring a camera. Not sure if I'd be ready even if I didn't crack the rib.

0:28:00 Hill Run
0:05:00 Cooldown
HRM 182
HRA 168
Zone 152-170 0:07:58

Aunty Gayleen made some awesome spaghetti, which will help me carbo load. I need to be drinking more water. It's tough being away and doing so.

Packet pickup tomorrow from 10-6pm at the Waikiki Beach Walk. Danelle Kabush will also be hosting a trail run clinic at 1pm. Unsure if there is a charge. There is a shuttle from Waikiki to the race for $20. I might just do that, especially if the Kona Longboard Lager is nice and cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment