Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oahu - Day 6 - Recovery Day 3 - Short Run, Swim

I forgot to bring my goggles so I went to find Boca Hawaii to pick up a pair. Talked a little with Eduardo and a regular customer who both ran in the XDURO. I'll check out the store a bit more when I have time.

1700
Short run around Ala Moana Beach Park (the 2 pics posted yesterday) to warm up for the swim. 17 mins, no HRM, easy descending pace. There was overcast as predicted on the news, but there was also the addition of strong winds, keeping me cool.

Got in the water and swam about 3/4 the length of the beach then gave up. The water was choppy and it made breathing difficult, especially since I haven't swam in... a week or so? At least it wasn't cold. Unsure of the distance, but I was just cruising it anyway, trying to concentrate on form, reach, and switching.

Got out and jogged back through the sand.

Rinsed off and read a few pages of ChiRunning while taking in the day's last sunlight and the wind on my skin. It was peaceful. I put the book down after getting through a chapter and just zoned out for a few minutes. With just a few runners passing at my back, there was only one surfer carrying his board back to shore, a few hundred feet in. He appeared to be walking on water, because the rocks were just below the water line, protecting what I guess is a manmade swimming area.

My body feels much better now. Except for the stomach part, which devoured many liquid beverages last night with Charles, Raym and Gabe. Yeah yeah yah, I said I'd cut back.

No comments:

Post a Comment