Thursday, December 4, 2008

Injected with a Poison, I Saw My Crack, Short Run & Swim

0900 Injected with a Poison
Went to the radiology dept to get my bone scan done. I learned that it would be a 2-part, 4 hour process, which the doctor's office failed to tell me. That means my Kona trip would not happen today.

1200 I Saw My Crack
So I came back to do my bone scan and the machine was wicked cool. I saw the radioactive isotopes on the little monitor as I lay there. It picked up 3-4k little 'reflections' at a time for 3 minutes until it got a full image. After the images compiled, it showed my entire rib cage and the little mend happening. They took 6 images (top, back, 4 150degree angle shots).

1900 Short Treadmill Run
25 minute descent
2.5 miles

1940 Short Swim
10 minute relaxing swim. Fought the urge to do a timed swim and anything more than moderate intensity. I did shoot for 15 strokes but was unable to get less than 17. I felt like my shorts were about 10 pounds heavy. Need to slow down on the drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment