Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oahu - Day 7 - Recovery Day 4 - Rest

We were set to head out to North Shore this morning, but today's Pipeline Masters contest was called off. Wave heights dropped to 4-6 and the weather was horrible.

So Charles took me to Rame's house to lounge for the morning. Came back home and I just dozed off.

But for tomorrow...
SURF ZONE FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
700 PM HST THU DEC 11 2008

OAHU-
700 PM HST THU DEC 11 2008

HIGH SURF ADVISORY FOR NORTH FACING SHORES

Surf along north facing shores will be 4 to 6 feet, rising to 12 to 15 feet Friday.

Surf along west facing shores will be 4 to 6 feet, rising to 6 to 10 feet Friday.

The photo I screened from swellwatch.wetsand.com shows predicted wave heights to be 12 feet pretty much all... day... long, maxing out at 15ft around 6am. I'll try to leave here around 5am. Oh shit, I need a map.

I don't care if it's wet weather, I just wanna see some massive waves (by my standards). I hope to share some nice photos, and possibly get a workout out there.

I also did a little research on Ala Moana Beach Park. The beach is a man-made, 800m long, 25ft deep gold-sand swimming channel protected by an outer reef. So I swam roughly 600m.

No comments:

Post a Comment