Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Oahu - Day 4,5 - Recovery Day 1,2 - Short Run

Spent Monday just walking around Honolulu. For lunch I ate a wet burrito from Wahoo's, with brown rice and spicy white beans. The fish was flame-broiled ono. I guess it's always ono? The burrito was ginormous and broke mouth too. Caught up on the 'ChiRunning' book while digesting.

I had wanted to go swimming on Monday, but put off picking up a pair of goggles. I should have, because the weather has turned and will be quite rainy throughout the week. As long as the waves get big on the north side I'll be happy. I don't mind if the water's choppy and unsurfable, but it would be cool to see some ridable surf. Wait, did I say unsurfable, nothing's unsurfable... and not just because it's not a word.


I had worn compression socks from early Sunday evening until Monday morning, so my calves were pretty much recovered when I took them off. Still, I picked up another pair to wear Monday night till Tuesday morning.

Had my first run this afternoon. Ran up Ala Napunani (1.3mi). Unsure of the the elevation climb, but it was nice going uphill. Coming back down, I felt a slight sharp pain in my ankles, and the top of my right foot. Not much muscular or tendon/ligament pain. I should've biked. Took an extended route (~1.7mi) to get back home in 29 mins.

Yeah yah yah... the pain could be because I wore new shoes on the trail. But they fit so well when I tested them... I had to wear them on the race.

Here's some pics of Kaaawa Valley















And my shoes after the run. Not too bad..


No comments:

Post a Comment