Monday, November 10, 2008

Almost 100%

My ribs are about 60-70% recovered. No shingles. Just bruised intercostals as Jess figured. I just had to get into the water today. I had trouble finding motivation. Jess helped me out with that. There was a bit of sun around lunch so I forced myself out. The water temp was mid-70's.

400m warmup
200m speed (25 fast/25 slow)
100m cooldown
~18min

I asked her about letting me do the Honolulu Marathon the week after the half-marathon trail run. I'm not ready for it yet :/ She told me I shouldn't do back to back halves either... I might listen. Caught up with cousin Charles this Sunday at gramma's 90th birthday celebration. I'll stay with them in Oahu for the majority of my trip, but want to visit with cousin Tania and Todd so I can spend some time with them and the kids. Catching up with the family also helped motivate me. Everyone is soo excited about me becoming active. I wasn't aware that any of them were following my progress. Now I have to live up to the hype LOL.

Jess reminded me to have fun on the trail run and not be too worried about time. I have to be out there to enjoy it. I hope I remember that when I get to the start line.

No comments:

Post a Comment