Sunday, November 30, 2008

Post-Thanksgiving Day 5k Run

6 Corona's, 2 stuffed bell peppers with seasoned rice for my pre-race dinner around 8pm. A bowl of Frosted Flakes to help me fall back to sleep around 2am. A glass of orange juice, a peanut butter and jelly sammich, and a double-shot of coffee for breakfast around 6am.

Went to bed relaxed at around 10pm. Woke up at 2am with a little pain from my healing rib. I woke up on that side. Had trouble sleeping and woke up around 4am and 5am. Probably just pre-race jitters, even though it's not a big race. Good practice getting through it though.

0715
Did a 5 minute warmup with a couple sprints to loosen up and get my HR up to 185.

0730
Finished the first half in just just under 11 minutes. It was downhill and my HR was steady at 185. I passed a few people, but some 40+ dude with long black hair and glasses blew by me about a mile in. It was tough swallowing my pride and holding my pace so as not to gas out too early. I pushed on the second half, averaging 193 with a max of 197.

My official time was 0:20:18. 0:06:32 min/mile, 0:04:04 mike/km pace.

0800
Got in the water a little later and just relaxed. The water was rough and there wasn't a cloud in site.

No comments:

Post a Comment