Saturday, November 15, 2008

Onomea Bay Run

1400, Onomea Bay Scenic Run
Pepeekeo 400' elevation (122m) > Onomea Bay (0')
6 miles (9.65km) round trip

0:26:40 to the bottom of Onomea Bay
0:08:53 min/mile (0:05:31 min/km)
Heart Rate Max 175
Heart Rage Avg 160

0:29:10 back uphill
0:09:43 min/mile (0:06:02 min/km)
Heart Rate Max 185
Heart Rate Avg 176

It was a beautiful day for a run. It was also a beautiful run. The local drivers were very courteous, although the tourists drove a little too fast while still trying to observe the scenery. There's no shoulder, and there's only grass along the straights. The turns along the valleys are very tight.

Oh yeah, there's a solid bump on my rib and it makes a clicking sound. LOL is that a good sign? Only slightly bothered me on the second half, when my HR was higher, and my breathing was a little harder.

My goal was to post a faster second split, but it was a steeper climb than I expected. Watching my HRM, I noticed the first split was between 155 and 165. The return was between 170 and 180. I pushed hard on the uphill trail from ocean level. Not sure how far and how steep the climb is but it was hella fun. My heart rate was between 185 and 190 for that sprint. A nice start to kill myself for the second half. Had I not done that, I would've posted a much faster return.

I'll need to do this run at least once a week. There are much more scenic routes to explore in the area that I haven't taken advantage of.

I just wanted to get out and really enjoy a run. I brought the HRM out just to begin using it and didn't want to think about pace. But while posting this blog... I just HAD to find out the distance and elevation change.. heh. Now I'm gonna have to tape the top of my watch to enjoy the route again.

No comments:

Post a Comment