Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Doctor Visit, Night Run

The weather was horrible yesterday. I wanted to swim but couldn't find the motivation to overcome the weather. My nose was runny and I was cold.

Went to the doctor to checkup on my rib. He said the bump is probably a bone callous from a fracture. Now I need to have a bone scan done. I'll go by feel and see how far I can take it without prohibiting myself from healing properly.

1800 Went for a run in the rain last night at the track
7 min warmup (~9min/mile)
5 min stretch
7 min warmup (~8min/mile)
5 min @ 6:30min/mile
2 @ 8
4 @ 6:15
2 @ 8
3 @ 6
2 @ 8
2 @ 5:45
2 @ 8
1 @ 5:30
5 @ 10
10 min stretch

I felt stronger as I progressed. I was shooting for a full lap on 1, but only made 3/4. Couldn't find the strap for my HRM so I couldn't get that data.

Brad gave me an article about Andy Potts in the August 2008 issue of Popular Science. His life revolves around his wattage output and his vitals. There's no set training schedule.

Mai lent me her Garmin. It's just about small/light enough to strap to my arm for road runs/spins.

I need to make an attempt to get in the pool on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment